Slurm's Escape (C3Jam) Slurm's Escape (C3Jam)

Visuals and music are fun and while the super fast and high jump caught me off-guard, I like that too! Maybe the falling could be slower, though? Otherwise it's really hard to avoid landing on spikes and other off-screen hazards.

teampow1234 responds:

Thanks for the feedback/review!

The high/fast jumping/falling issue noted. :)

When the game was made we weren't sure would it be too high/fast or would it be too easy if the jumping speed/height would be lower.

The spikes in the first level were thought to be a bit tough first challenge too, but we thought there might be tons of people with "golden jumping fingertips" playing the game, so we didn't want to make it too easy from start, but wait for feedback from people playing.

Good to get feedback so we know to tune down the speed to make it more playable :).

+ Good to hear high jump is appreciated :D! I personally like it a lot, because you need to learn to be quite precise when jumping. Our own game killed me many times when I playtested it, so I had to spend some time with it before I got to the right side of my own high jumping.

Colour Knights - C3Jam Colour Knights - C3Jam

I didn't experience any slowdown or lag in the controls and I'm on a computer that's over ten years old so not sure if some of the issues people have had are browser-specific or what. I really like the concept you have going here! The random battles were starting to feel repetitive but the tree boss shook things up. A few more enemies in the random battles would definitely jazz the rest of the game up. Great work!

Primajin responds:

Thanks, man - Yeah I had wanted to add a few more patterns and enemies but I ran out of time working on the two bosses. I'll have to get working on an update! :)
*Edit - Just noticed the deadline got extended so I've added new enemies and new patterns!

ClimbTheMountain ClimbTheMountain

You're off to a promising start! There was one star under a ledge that I was having a hard time getting to and it was becoming cumbersome to keep circling around to attempt for it... So not sure how much more is past the first door, although that fireball in the thumbnail looks cool.

This appears to be made with GameMaker and I'm wondering if it's running as fast as it can in my browser or if it could run smoother. You could try setting the room_speed to 60 and see if that makes a difference in the browser.

Sound effects and music would of course be great, the first three sounds I would plug in would be the jump, the stomp of an enemy and the collection of a star. When you land on an enemy, it would be great to see their face turn sad and give them a quick squashing animation.

yosri3 responds:

Thank you very much for the feedback! i appreciate it.

Since this is a prototype i made sure both levels were accessible so you can actually start level 2(which has the fireball from the thumbnail).

The comments about the sounds , animation were already in my todo list. About the room_speed thanks for letting me know about this since i didnt know it was a problem for other people (because the game runs fine for me) so i'll see what i can do about that!

Steam Heart Steam Heart

This is so darn impressive for 72 hours, let alone any amount of time. I love the Gunstar Heroes vibes and I'm liking the difficulty curve so far, I'm at that boss who reaches his arms up from underwater. All the weapons have been a lot of fun too!

SinclairStrange responds:

Thanks! I wish I had a bit more time to polish up and balance some stuff out to be honest, I started to crash towards the end. Can't beat a bit of Gunstar Heroes! Never know I might continue with it and upload a more finished version in a later date :D. Glad ye enjoying it!

Super Gonad Smasher Super Gonad Smasher

Runs fine for me and this computer is pretty old! All the boss phases were awesome, it's amazing how quickly you pulled this all together and have it be so polished. All the art and animation is great.

PestoForce responds:

Twas fun! Thanks for graciously lending your voice!

Hyper Halloween Hyper Halloween

The shooting / enemy impact has a good feel. Frankenstein is tough, still trying to get past him! If you expand on this, weapon and player upgrades would be a ton of fun.

svaerth responds:

Fulp Sempai! *eyes tear up*. thanks man! Maybe next Halloween I'll take it further.

Box Story 2 Box Story 2

I like what you're trying to do here but it does feel too hard to get a knack for / develop proper control over the box. I'm hoping you can tune this up so players can get more predictable results and feel better control over their ability to land on specific sides. It's possible I'm missing a trick... Just seems really really hard at the moment.

Roundabout Roundabout

Totally hypnotic! I asked PsychoGoldfish to get in touch with you about our new API version, would be great to get this hooked up with scores.

BryceSummer responds:

Awesome! I look forward to hearing from them :).

Minotaur Minotaur

I like the theme of being the Minotaur in the maze and I also like the Minotaur art. If you keep making updates, it could be interesting to make use of stereo sound for the humans running around, so you can listen for which direction the nearest human is. Maybe humans could turn and run if they get near the remains of a dead human, so you could use that to sort of control their movements in the maze (not sure if that would work out).

Maybe humans could see you if you are in the open but not if you are behind a wall, so you could see where they are on the screen but they would react to you as soon as you come out. Then maybe you could set traps for humans to lure them into places they can't easily escape - such as trying to get some treasure from a dead end, where you then block their exit.

Did you try a WebGL export?

FSt-Germain responds:

Your ideas are really awesome. This was my first attempt with AI, and the time limit didn't help with that too much, but I like your ideas and also the footsteps the humans could make. I will consider an update, but no promises. Also I had tried a webgl export with my last game, however I ran into many issues while trying to upload to newgrounds.

Also, I just realised your the guy who made newgrounds! Thanks man! I never would've been able to publish my games without this site.

Robo Platform Run Robo Platform Run

Things get buggy on level two with the moving blocks - got stuck into a platform while playing with one. What I do like however is that this is your first project and I can feel the heart and appreciate the celebration of ParagonX9, it has a good spirit to it. You should try reaching out to an artist here on NG for your next project; combined with what you've learned so far, I think you'll really take things up a notch!