TomFulpTomFulp

Main News Movies Games Audio Art Favorites Reviews Stats 19,439 Fans

All 108 flash Reviews

Tiny Ian Tiny Ian

You really nailed his moves.

SKillustration responds:

HES A MACHINE TOM!! A TINY BRITISH MACHIIIIIIINE!!!

Super Gonad Smasher Super Gonad Smasher

Runs fine for me and this computer is pretty old! All the boss phases were awesome, it's amazing how quickly you pulled this all together and have it be so polished. All the art and animation is great.

PestoForce responds:

Twas fun! Thanks for graciously lending your voice!

Mario Costume Mario Costume

I want to see how the rest of their day went.

Hyper Halloween Hyper Halloween

The shooting / enemy impact has a good feel. Frankenstein is tough, still trying to get past him! If you expand on this, weapon and player upgrades would be a ton of fun.

svaerth responds:

Fulp Sempai! *eyes tear up*. thanks man! Maybe next Halloween I'll take it further.

Box Story 2 Box Story 2

I like what you're trying to do here but it does feel too hard to get a knack for / develop proper control over the box. I'm hoping you can tune this up so players can get more predictable results and feel better control over their ability to land on specific sides. It's possible I'm missing a trick... Just seems really really hard at the moment.

Roundabout Roundabout

Totally hypnotic! I asked PsychoGoldfish to get in touch with you about our new API version, would be great to get this hooked up with scores.

BryceSummer responds:

Awesome! I look forward to hearing from them :).

Birthday 24 Birthday 24

Happy Birthday! Some day historians will use your 24th birthday as a snapshot of the state of the web in 2015.

Lots of people find this review helpful!
LazyMuffin responds:

thanks pulpy ya sweet

Minotaur Minotaur

I like the theme of being the Minotaur in the maze and I also like the Minotaur art. If you keep making updates, it could be interesting to make use of stereo sound for the humans running around, so you can listen for which direction the nearest human is. Maybe humans could turn and run if they get near the remains of a dead human, so you could use that to sort of control their movements in the maze (not sure if that would work out).

Maybe humans could see you if you are in the open but not if you are behind a wall, so you could see where they are on the screen but they would react to you as soon as you come out. Then maybe you could set traps for humans to lure them into places they can't easily escape - such as trying to get some treasure from a dead end, where you then block their exit.

Did you try a WebGL export?

FSt-Germain responds:

Your ideas are really awesome. This was my first attempt with AI, and the time limit didn't help with that too much, but I like your ideas and also the footsteps the humans could make. I will consider an update, but no promises. Also I had tried a webgl export with my last game, however I ran into many issues while trying to upload to newgrounds.

Also, I just realised your the guy who made newgrounds! Thanks man! I never would've been able to publish my games without this site.

Robo Platform Run Robo Platform Run

Things get buggy on level two with the moving blocks - got stuck into a platform while playing with one. What I do like however is that this is your first project and I can feel the heart and appreciate the celebration of ParagonX9, it has a good spirit to it. You should try reaching out to an artist here on NG for your next project; combined with what you've learned so far, I think you'll really take things up a notch!

RUSH RUSH

Great visual style and runs well on my PC. Was really confused on the first play through but got the hang of it on the second, although I played a long time without ever making it to the end goal. Would have felt more satisfying to have an obtainable initial goal, although not sure what happens after that goal at the moment.

Since you can't jump while carrying a crate, it might be cool if pressing jump also throws the crate. Sometimes when you're in the thick of it, you just accidentally mash the wrong button and while that's proper punishment on one hand, it would also feel great to blast your way out of trouble despite the mix-up.

I like that there are two sets of controls based on which side you want to use, however I think some confusion comes from the controller references to A and B button being more prominent in size... As a newcomer your eyes just sorta glaze over ALL THOSE KEYS and the A and B are the two biggest. It also doesn't mention what to press to start the game; I initially was looking for a place to click (was clicking CONTINUE even though I didn't have any save data) and then was trying SPACE and ENTER before I mentally focused and tried K.

Once I got in the zone, I had a nice groove going on! Could definitely see a whole grand adventure in this style.

Zielak responds:

Hey, thanks for the review, Tom. Means a lot to me!

The game is short, so it's just a nice ending and game over after you reach the girl.

I've made a quick update with both throwing crate on jump and more "start" keys in the menu (space and enter now works). The "A" and "B" keys were in fact unfortunate choice, I tried to get with the GameBoy theme.

Hope to make a bigger game out of it someday :)