Be a Supporter!

Main News Movies Games Audio Art Favorites Reviews Stats 18,714 Fans

All 103 flash Reviews

Roundabout Roundabout

Totally hypnotic! I asked PsychoGoldfish to get in touch with you about our new API version, would be great to get this hooked up with scores.

BryceSummer responds:

Awesome! I look forward to hearing from them :).

Birthday 24 Birthday 24

Happy Birthday! Some day historians will use your 24th birthday as a snapshot of the state of the web in 2015.

Lots of people find this review helpful!
LazyMuffin responds:

thanks pulpy ya sweet

Minotaur Minotaur

I like the theme of being the Minotaur in the maze and I also like the Minotaur art. If you keep making updates, it could be interesting to make use of stereo sound for the humans running around, so you can listen for which direction the nearest human is. Maybe humans could turn and run if they get near the remains of a dead human, so you could use that to sort of control their movements in the maze (not sure if that would work out).

Maybe humans could see you if you are in the open but not if you are behind a wall, so you could see where they are on the screen but they would react to you as soon as you come out. Then maybe you could set traps for humans to lure them into places they can't easily escape - such as trying to get some treasure from a dead end, where you then block their exit.

Did you try a WebGL export?

FSt-Germain responds:

Your ideas are really awesome. This was my first attempt with AI, and the time limit didn't help with that too much, but I like your ideas and also the footsteps the humans could make. I will consider an update, but no promises. Also I had tried a webgl export with my last game, however I ran into many issues while trying to upload to newgrounds.

Also, I just realised your the guy who made newgrounds! Thanks man! I never would've been able to publish my games without this site.

Robo Platform Run Robo Platform Run

Things get buggy on level two with the moving blocks - got stuck into a platform while playing with one. What I do like however is that this is your first project and I can feel the heart and appreciate the celebration of ParagonX9, it has a good spirit to it. You should try reaching out to an artist here on NG for your next project; combined with what you've learned so far, I think you'll really take things up a notch!

Great visual style and runs well on my PC. Was really confused on the first play through but got the hang of it on the second, although I played a long time without ever making it to the end goal. Would have felt more satisfying to have an obtainable initial goal, although not sure what happens after that goal at the moment.

Since you can't jump while carrying a crate, it might be cool if pressing jump also throws the crate. Sometimes when you're in the thick of it, you just accidentally mash the wrong button and while that's proper punishment on one hand, it would also feel great to blast your way out of trouble despite the mix-up.

I like that there are two sets of controls based on which side you want to use, however I think some confusion comes from the controller references to A and B button being more prominent in size... As a newcomer your eyes just sorta glaze over ALL THOSE KEYS and the A and B are the two biggest. It also doesn't mention what to press to start the game; I initially was looking for a place to click (was clicking CONTINUE even though I didn't have any save data) and then was trying SPACE and ENTER before I mentally focused and tried K.

Once I got in the zone, I had a nice groove going on! Could definitely see a whole grand adventure in this style.

Zielak responds:

Hey, thanks for the review, Tom. Means a lot to me!

The game is short, so it's just a nice ending and game over after you reach the girl.

I've made a quick update with both throwing crate on jump and more "start" keys in the menu (space and enter now works). The "A" and "B" keys were in fact unfortunate choice, I tried to get with the GameBoy theme.

Hope to make a bigger game out of it someday :)

The Little Merman The Little Merman

Right to the point, I enjoyed it!

Moogasta responds:

I am so glad you liked it.

Decepticide Decepticide

I really like the theme and ambiance but wanted to reiterate what some other reviews have noted. The first place you can possibly die is on the first plant, so if you die there it would be great to start in the room before the plant vs going back to the title screen and watching the tutorial text again. Every elevator could be a checkpoint from then on.

Also to help new players who might not have picked up everything in the tutorial, when you first grab ammo, it could prompt you to "Press A to Reload" - my first time through I didn't think to load my gun and was killed while trying to shoot the plant. When you do reach the first plant, it could also prompt you to "Hold X to AIM, Press C to Shoot", so in the moment people can be reminded. This would make a big difference in getting people into the game and ongoing checkpoints would make progress less frustrating.

Joben7 responds:

Thanks, great tips! I've put in a checkpoint system already and I'll add the improved prompts a bit later, I appreciate the help.

the NEXT jump the NEXT jump

This took a minute to figure out but once I did, I really enjoyed it! People have been exploring different game types where enemies take a turn each time the player takes a turn but I don't recall having seen anyone do it with a shooter yet.

The permadeath is expected with a roguelike but I'll admit I like getting to keep my upgrades and keep building where I left off after dying... That wouldn't make a lot of sense though since it would discourage spending money on healing between rounds.

I hope more fans of these genres take some time to play this!

filsdd responds:

Thank you for the nice review! :D

Doomsday Doomsday

I was confused about the ending as well but after reading your explanation in the reviews it was pretty funny. Enjoyed the whole experience, hope you make more games!

Walk Home Walk Home

I enjoyed the art, especially the unique death animations for each enemy! The use of vocals was also a nice touch. I wasn't sure how to beat the ninja, I can get to him with a lot of health and then he tears me down fast. It's tough to start from the very beginning afterwards and have to get to the ninja again, since your character moves slowly... Maybe some sort of checkpoint there?

Xevozfighter responds:

Thanks for the input. My friends and I are probably going to update it after the judging.