All 118 flash Reviews

World Destroyer Teaser Trailer World Destroyer Teaser Trailer

Looks beautiful, I hope you find your funding!

Nominous responds:

Thanks. You and me both! I need dat money!!

Slurm's Escape (C3Jam) Slurm's Escape (C3Jam)

Visuals and music are fun and while the super fast and high jump caught me off-guard, I like that too! Maybe the falling could be slower, though? Otherwise it's really hard to avoid landing on spikes and other off-screen hazards.

teampow1234 responds:

Thanks for the feedback/review!

The high/fast jumping/falling issue noted. :)

When the game was made we weren't sure would it be too high/fast or would it be too easy if the jumping speed/height would be lower.

The spikes in the first level were thought to be a bit tough first challenge too, but we thought there might be tons of people with "golden jumping fingertips" playing the game, so we didn't want to make it too easy from start, but wait for feedback from people playing.

Good to get feedback so we know to tune down the speed to make it more playable :).

+ Good to hear high jump is appreciated :D! I personally like it a lot, because you need to learn to be quite precise when jumping. Our own game killed me many times when I playtested it, so I had to spend some time with it before I got to the right side of my own high jumping.

Colour Knights - C3Jam Colour Knights - C3Jam

I didn't experience any slowdown or lag in the controls and I'm on a computer that's over ten years old so not sure if some of the issues people have had are browser-specific or what. I really like the concept you have going here! The random battles were starting to feel repetitive but the tree boss shook things up. A few more enemies in the random battles would definitely jazz the rest of the game up. Great work!

Primajin responds:

Thanks, man - Yeah I had wanted to add a few more patterns and enemies but I ran out of time working on the two bosses. I'll have to get working on an update! :)
*Edit - Just noticed the deadline got extended so I've added new enemies and new patterns!

Anime Girl Toilet Adventure Anime Girl Toilet Adventure

I was thoroughly entertained, the sound work really made it.

ApocalypticZit responds:

hi tom glad you enjoyed my shit

Sonic's Famous Technique Sonic's Famous Technique

Ya know I wouldn't normally step up to review this but these past few months I've watched EVERY SINGLE animation that has passed judgment and I've seen some horrible work pass judgment. Logo demos, barely-there animation tests, sprite movies made with Pivot...

To see this animation barely achieve a 2.0, meaning the same users nearly BLAMMED it... It makes me lose a little faith in humanity.

You have my follow!

Halo Girls Pilot Halo Girls Pilot

I loved the nonstop intensity of this and all the crazy action shots, really ambitious! And I second what kalabor106 said about Shark Man; poor guy got totally pummeled!

Crashgen responds:

Super Thanks haha, The shark has seen better days.

ClimbTheMountain ClimbTheMountain

You're off to a promising start! There was one star under a ledge that I was having a hard time getting to and it was becoming cumbersome to keep circling around to attempt for it... So not sure how much more is past the first door, although that fireball in the thumbnail looks cool.

This appears to be made with GameMaker and I'm wondering if it's running as fast as it can in my browser or if it could run smoother. You could try setting the room_speed to 60 and see if that makes a difference in the browser.

Sound effects and music would of course be great, the first three sounds I would plug in would be the jump, the stomp of an enemy and the collection of a star. When you land on an enemy, it would be great to see their face turn sad and give them a quick squashing animation.

yosri3 responds:

Thank you very much for the feedback! i appreciate it.

Since this is a prototype i made sure both levels were accessible so you can actually start level 2(which has the fireball from the thumbnail).

The comments about the sounds , animation were already in my todo list. About the room_speed thanks for letting me know about this since i didnt know it was a problem for other people (because the game runs fine for me) so i'll see what i can do about that!

Motion Portrait: Orient Motion Portrait: Orient

I wanna toss on some VR goggles and spend a quiet afternoon here!

deathink responds:

I sure hope places like this still exist somewhere out there, other than in my head.

Luna Animated Luna Animated

Does Luna live in San Diego? This actually sounds a lot like a guy I met there once, although if I recall he kept calling my Michael. We raced each other, then he drank from his coffee mug and smashed it on the street. We finished with a handshake, at which point he wouldn't let go and kept repeating MICHAEL, MICHAEL, MICHAEL. But enough about me this was a fun cartoon.

d00dleJam responds:

Thanks Tom! <3 Also, wow, great story, man! It sounds nice :) <3 (sorry for the late edit)

Steam Heart Steam Heart

This is so darn impressive for 72 hours, let alone any amount of time. I love the Gunstar Heroes vibes and I'm liking the difficulty curve so far, I'm at that boss who reaches his arms up from underwater. All the weapons have been a lot of fun too!

SinclairStrange responds:

Thanks! I wish I had a bit more time to polish up and balance some stuff out to be honest, I started to crash towards the end. Can't beat a bit of Gunstar Heroes! Never know I might continue with it and upload a more finished version in a later date :D. Glad ye enjoying it!