View Profile TomFulp

77 Movie Reviews

You got me wanting so much more of this now!

I showed this to my kids on Friday and we’ve been watching it repeatedly all weekend.

BuddypalBrigade responds:

You’re making us cry, we’re beyond thrilled you enjoy this toon and we are honored to be putting cartoons on this platform! Hope you and the kids are staying safe and healthy! :)

This has great energy and I just happened to watch Pacific Rim again this weekend which is a wacky coincidence.

58 Game Reviews

Great game feel all the way through, satisfying ending, too!

I love the overall aesthetic and this all feels really solid. I was wondering if there was any upside to using the mouse to shoot vs pressing a key... I could see adding movement support with the arrow keys and shooting support with Z or J, so users could choose based on whether they are right or left handed (and still have the option to move with WASD).

Most of all, death is very finite and it I wasn't sure how much more was ahead or if it was an endless runner with more and more enemies. If there was an option to save upgrades and restart stronger each time, I would get ULTRA hooked on playing this... Although I'm a grinding / upgrade-obsessed sort of player which isn't for everyone. The idea of this tank unloading massive firepower is really exciting, though and it would be cool to track a high score for distance covered.

Cloud-yo responds:

Hey! thanks so much! Those are all great suggestions. Right now its just an endless amount of enemies spawning with no real purpose. the plan is to change that and make it a little more organized. I dont mind it becoming somewhat of a bullet-hell but its not meant to be. Eventually I would like to add a boss to fight after certain conditions are met (number of aliens killed or something) but Im still working it out.

The reason I used the mouse button was in preparation for controller support. Since its made in unity some of the buttons overlap and I was hoping to be able to give the ability to use a controller instead of the keyboard.

thanks so much for taking the time :D

This is such a novel concept and a lot of fun! I could imagine a boxy humanoid character replacing the square and they could do power moves like a giant punch when they break through the barrier. The existing feel of everything is already great regardless, though!

Prox276 responds:

Thank you very much! :D

35 Audio Reviews

Still loving everything you've been putting out!

I could let this play all day long in the background while I work.

oddfellowfloyd responds:

Thank you!! I'm always happy to hear when my music inspires, and helps bring people into positive altered states. :)

Great discussion! It made me go dig up my voice recordings from Super Gonad Smasher, lol.

RealFaction responds:

Thanks! Haha can you pleeeease post those to newgrounds? My god, I want to hear those outtakes. I beat the game and heard one, I was dying, but I'm so curious to hear the rest of that. That's by far one of my favorite Pixel Day entries in my top 5 of all time.

102 Art Reviews

Maybe the most adorable thing ever produced.

The colors and characters in this are beautiful! Gives me such good vibes staring at it.

Your art keeps getting better and better, this is a stunner! I love the perspective and lighting.

TheDyingSun responds:

Thank you so much!

Hi there! In case you didn't know, I created newgrounds. No, it wasn't made by some giant company - just some dumb kid. I also co-founded the Behemoth; we made Alien Hominid and Castle Crashers. Icon by JohnnyUtah, banner by Pegosho.

42, Male