View Profile TomFulp

79 Movie Reviews

I want a floor to ceiling volumetric display that loops the piece at the 40 second mark inside of it, in the middle of a room.

A riveting premonition of things to come!

You got me wanting so much more of this now!

63 Game Reviews

This is nuts, you come up with some of the greatest original mechanics! Love how the music interacts with the gameplay, too. Side note: I discovered this game via the song in the Audio Portal before discovering it in my feed or the games section!

ConnorGrail responds:

a victory for audio portal advertising! But seriously, thank you for the kind words, we are happy to hear that you liked the game!

This game is loaded with charm, with lots of witty dialog and characters, along with expansive levels full of fun mechanics. I like the extra touches like crediting the music as each new song plays. What's especially impressive is how well this runs on my old home computer, which struggles to run most modern web games. Great fun all around and has a lot of heart!

There's some really cool stuff going on here and I do worry a lot of people won't appreciate it because the first stretch is really punishing. Something that might help is if the spike collision is reduced a bit - I found myself regularly sliding up against the far edge of spikes and taking damage that felt unfair. I have a feeling a lot will change once I get to the shop and upgrade but so far I haven't made it there! I'm getting closer, I hope.

Another thought - would it mess with your mechanics too much if the player could cancel out of a dash with a jump? Doing things like dashing into drop-offs I would have jumped over is another doozy.

pixelrogueart responds:

Woow, thank you Tom, you're a legend!

I agree with you, I plan on making a new map and adding a learning curve, I completely failed on making a good one 🤣. About cancelling the dash: Good call, that didn't cross my mind at all, won't mess with the mechanics, I'll most definitely do that.

Besides that, the fact that you liked it made my day! Thanks for taking time to leave a feedback, I work on those things ;).

41 Audio Reviews

I do... keep thinking about it...

This is up there as one of my favorite songs of yours, maybe THE favorite! I prefer it without the scream at the end; it's got such a foreboding vibe even without the more obvious horror elements. I suppose the vaporwave elements are things like it slowing down, like around the 3:15 mark in the original? I kinda like that dip... Hard to say which is preferred overall!

JohnnyGuy responds:

Aw thanks man! :D That means a lot! I'm surprised you like this one so much. It means a lot you've supposed CURSED SERVER, it started off as Freeki before I changed the name recently. Yes you are correct sir! It is indeed without the vaporwave horror. I wanted to make a nicer version while the title sort of hints at why this is the "nice" version, the normal version.

Originally I was going to make this the original version of the song with the title, as this is how it started when this was the first song I made for the record last year, but then I wanted to build a concept record, some creepypasta horror lore around it. So, to throw people off, I wanted to mess with them in the title, so Freeki is a "cyber ghost" that haunts computers, and it's him basically saying "I'll play nice for now" but the next version of the song, the title alone is sort of creepy, I wanted to troll people with the horror vibes and scream.

If that wasn't enough, the leaked police tape messes with them more explaining the lore a bit more. I'll be talking more about it on The Newgrounds Podcast on Tuesday 8:30 PM, and if you miss that it'll be one of the next episodes declaring my return to the show! :D I'll also be talking about other things and debuting a new Jack Serious skit that's my biggest effort to date.

Last year, when I made this as the first song, I wanted something that was a different approach, something healing, something that would give back to me when I listened to it. Something that would make me happy, not for anyone else. I'm really happy with this record, but I never expected to get 4 of the songs frontpaged, let alone even one, holy moly that's amazing! Thank you so much! You've been very supportive of the project. :)

You're like CURSED SERVER's #1 fan now, aside from another fan of mine haha. Thanks man, I really appreciate it. Oh, on a final note, the Silent Hill 2 game soundtrack inspired the general vibe and tone of this record, the music has been a huge inspiration, among some other game soundtracks. But, I also wanted to put my own spin to some genres, new things I've never done before. What i'd give to see Freeki become a horror icon haha.

I've had a lot of fun making this record, already working on a genre I've never done before for the next record, it's Darkwave, and I love Darkwave music. This is Chillstep, and I love Chillstep. This was just for fun and for myself, but the fact people loved this record more than I expected, and got the support it has, I'm really shocked, and it's a nice bonus, makes me happy haha. Thank you! :)

Breathtaking!

Lapse responds:

You're breathtaking! Thanks dude! :D

113 Art Reviews

I love it, thank you.

GraceAndGlory responds:

Thank you, Fulp Chungus.

Love seeing bathtub dude in there, he's deserved more spotlight this year!

That captures me pretty well!

kruno5gaming responds:

thanks

Hi there! In case you didn't know, I created newgrounds. No, it wasn't made by some giant company - just some dumb kid who now has help. I also co-founded the Behemoth; we made Alien Hominid and Castle Crashers. Icon by JohnnyUtah, banner by Pego

42, Male