View Profile TomFulp

70 Movie Reviews

There is so much about this that is wonderful and the more I think about it, the more I wanted to give some serious critique. I guess you could say I want this to become "more perfect."

Positives:

1) The dialog is great.

2) Whenever Scoobs says "Raggy" in that voice, that's just 100% comedy gold.

3) The "I've been waiting for your Raggy" shot is pretty perfect visually. Also the merging with Shaggy's legs as the music crescendos.

Negatives:

1) I don't feel like Shaggy's head needed to random things. I feel like the absurdity of the whole situation and the creepy / funny factor sold it and it didn't need the "extra" push of having Shaggy's head do random things.

2) The shots where Scooby had anti-aliased white edges around his art... I wasn't sure if that was intentional silliness or not but if it was intentional, I think it's another aspect that wasn't necessary. Visually I think the whole piece could have remained dark and serious because the theme and dialog are so hilarious.

NinTheOctopus responds:

This was actually Minty's first time animating by himself, s he ran into a few problems when he was importing images made in separate programs, such as the anti aliasing and white edges. Wasn't intentional but he couldn't figure out how to fix it really. Thanks for the feedback!

I love the bold colors in this episode and the sound design was on point! The addition of fan art after the patron credits was a great touch, you deserve every fan you get and this is a great model for artists who want to build patrons and fans around original works.

ChutneyGlaze responds:

Thanks Tom! Its always good to hear from you!

Coming back five+ years later to finally write something here. It was one of my favorite songs and videos on the site then and it still is now! This will still be a really cool song and video in another five+ / 20+ / 100+ years.

53 Game Reviews

Possibly the most cruel game ever made. I've never loved and hated a concept so much before.

VascoF responds:

Hahaha. Thanks for the comment Tom, glad you loved/hated it! :D

The timer requirements can feel unforgiving early on but it does force you to up your game and get on the level of what is expected.

The mechanic is really fresh and unique and I feel cool when I'm moving fast through a level!

Yaro11111 responds:

Thanks a lot! That’s exactly what I was going for!

I wasn't sure how to make the beginning experience better. It takes some time to intuitively understand controls, and bruteforcing through early levels is possible. The time limit seemed like the best way to hint at the way it should be played, without making longer explicit tutorial. Maybe adding more basic levels(like 1-1) with progressively faster times would solve it, but then again it might get boring.

This game is making my brain work in strange new ways and I love it. It's nuts that you made this in 48 hours!

Taldius responds:

Thank you very much! Yeah I didn't sleep a lot during this 48h haha ...

23 Audio Reviews

I've been loving the vibe of all your music and animation so far and this is no exception!

horizon-hugger responds:

Thanks Tom ! ! : D
I'll try to finish some more animations

Loving the vibe of this, it would be a ton of fun in the right game, too.

endKashika responds:

Yay!
Thanks Tom, very much appreciated!

Everything you've been making feels fresh and new, I always get pumped when I find a new track of yours in my feed. This one is extra crazy but still amazing and your description sums it up really well.

Waterflame responds:

Thank you :D Glad to hear it! I am trying my best to not fall into any composition comfort zones, there is still endless possibilities to be explored!

80 Art Reviews

The pose and colors are both really dynamic, the whole piece hits me at a subconscious "this is really cool" level. Been loving your work!

yungbird responds:

thank you so much!!

I too love SciFi cities / skylines and this is one of the coolest! The tangle of roads is really fun. I feel out of the loop though - what game is the bottom half from? Is this related to the voxel stuff you were doing previously with a game in mind?

Kamikaye responds:

Thx !! The bottom half is a screenshot from a city I built in cities skylines. The voxel stuff is not related though. The game plans are still there though ! :)

July 10th was actually Robot Day here on NG, you could have won!

InterstellarFarts responds:

Oh my god I didn't know paahaha
But maybe next time~!

Hi there! In case you didn't know, I created newgrounds. No, it wasn't made by some giant company - just some dumb kid. I also co-founded the Behemoth; we made Alien Hominid and Castle Crashers. Icon by JohnnyUtah, banner by FuShark.

40, Male